Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a long time firwfox user = D. I tried opera before but i disliked it greatly because it had ads. now that its adfree, it sounds good = P

I was wondering what you guys think of opera compared with firefox :tongue:

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Hmm.... I was also an avid user of Firefox from about really late April to about now. I am currently using Opera and I like it. I just wish that the tabs worked a lot nicer and that you don't have to ruin the toolbars when you only want one button (like the home button). Yes Opera is a lot nicer without the ads, which is why I'm using it. I also don't like how when you try to open up two Opera's, it just opens a new tab in the original.

Now the pro's: I like the speed of Opera, I also like how it is pretty customizable non-appearance wise. I also like how you can get Opera Mail (it only has a 3 mb storage limit but it's still cool). I also like how the Opera website has tutorials, and one of them shows you how you can make Opera skins.

Firefox and Opera really aren't much different, both being third-party browsers (I think), but Opera is much more compact than Firefox which can be a good thing if you're low on resources.

EDIT: Try it out now that it doesn't have ads; you're the one that is going to be doing the browsing so you need to find the browser that you like.

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Oh, what else is cool is you can change the views of a webpage.

See, the User mode is how you change it. I like to emulate he text browser; white letters, blue background, no pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.