Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a problem of InstallShield beginning an installation routine which repeatedly failed because it could not find the OpenMG Secure Module msi file, which I am guessing was caused by a recent Windows XP update, and search indicated this has been a recurring problem for users of Sony music software following previous updates of XP. I used to use SonicStage 4.3 for a minidisc recorder before I had a DAW setup, and still use it occasionally for field recording so I don't want to uninstall it. The odd thing was that it was e-mails sent by Facebook to notify me of FB messages that was triggering an automated installer routine that could not find the msi file for OpenMG Secure Module, which makes no sense to me, since everything I found online indicated this was being triggered by music files that use the Sony music player products. Anyway, I think I've solved the problem by downloading OpenMG Setup Update Program version 5.4.00.04020 from OpenMG Setup Update Program version 5.4.00.04020 : Sony Asia Pacific, (linked from OpenMG Setup Update Program version 5.4.00.04020 : Sony Asia Pacific ) as the install routine no longer occurs and SonicStage still loads properly after doing so, so I thought I'd pass this along, with my question: Why would e-mail messages from Facebook notifying me of messages received in Facebook trigger this installer routine when selected by me in MS Outlook? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suddenly have exactly the same thing happening, whenever an email from facebook is opened in Outlook, this Open MG Secure thing starts installing. And the behaviour of outlook changes as well, can't delete emails with the DEL key, but can with the menu?!

I did found out it was related to SonicStage too, but I too used it for an old MP3 player, and since it's broke I thought uninstalling it would solve this problem too, but no.. :upset:

I can make a rule to auto move facebook mails to my deleted items since they're usual not very intresting anyway, but I find this behaviour strange and a little suspicious. :4-dontkno

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.