Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major Office XP problem at work (that is, major for me). We import into MS Word, French text generated by another sofware (DBase IV for DOS). This works fine in MS Office 2000 Pro, by using the 'MS DOS text' option when we open the file and we get all the proper French accents.

This conversion option doesn't exist in Office XP Pro, despite the fact that we installed all language tools etc, as well as the additional conversion pack for XP, available from MS download.

All the proper languange settings have been installed and applied to no avail. The import option of 'Text with layout' does recognize the language but I loose the carriage returns and the result is garbled.

If anyone has a solution, I would greatly appreciate passing it on to me.

[email protected]

P.S: Both workstation' OS is XP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Sppedo,

Many thanks for your help and I apologize for being so late with the reply. I did check out the MS Knowledge base articles you led me to earlier but it offered no help. In the meanwhile I implemented the old 'workaround' solution and this works fine. A note to those who encounter similar frustration with Microsoft dropping features in their XP release, they seem to be in the process of correcting these because there is a conversion pack and a language upgrade that can be downloaded from their downloads website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.