Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I click on File --> New Tab, I always get a blank tab. I'd like to change that so that I get a webpage such as Google instead of just the blank page. Is there any way to change this? I've tried looking through all the options under Tools--> Options and also on Mozilla's website for help/support and can't find a solution (if one exisits).

Anyone got any ideas? I'd be grateful for any help.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Thanks for posting the fix. I've been using Tab Mix Plus for a while now, and it makes Firefox much more customisable. I especially like the Session Saver feature which I find is more reliable than the built-in Firefox version.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Press Ctrl+T and type anything into the search box in the upper right while its on Google, and you'll have done a new google search in a new tab.

I also use TMP and have been using it since long as it has so much to offer that Pyro brought to TBE. You can duplicate tabs, d.click to close or open them, merge them, open every link in a new window or tab, etc. The close windows, tabs and session manager as mentioned above by koala is also brilliant.

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
yeah, it's Cntrl+T....

also, if u want ur favorites on the side also, soo press Cntrl+I :wink:..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Assuming you would like to open a new link or homepage etc..in a new tab.
There is a much faster option than choosing file/ then select new tab. You can open and access pages, links etc with one click-

if using a scroll mouse, you can click on your homepage icon with the centre scroll button, this will open a new tab with your homepage which I assume is google?
you can also use the centre scroll/button to click on links/shortcuts etc.. to open them in a new tab.

Hope this helps

** you can also close tabs by clicking the middle scroll button on the tabs you wish to close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.