Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 and do not use headphones. I downloaded OpenAL which came with a game I was playing, it appears that many other games can make use of OpenAL as well.
The games I play that utilize this do not require OpenAL.

However, I do not notice any sound difference whatsoever, I am thinking I need headphones to hear the difference since it is "3D" sound.

Should I uninstall OpenAL in this case since I don't use headphones, or do I need to install some driver called Rapture3D OpenAL Driver? How do I know if I have it installed?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,746 Posts
Are you sure you actually downloaded and installed OpenAL?. Look in your apps. If there, open and there are things you can do with it. To go all out, here's what the pros use: Rapture3D Advanced

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure you actually downloaded and installed OpenAL?. Look in your apps. If there, open and there are things you can do with it. To go all out, here's what the pros use: Rapture3D Advanced
It is actually installed, I have no use for it other than for sound in games I play. In this case should I keep it or is it useless for laptop speakers?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My apologies, I was not aware of cross-posting being a problem. I will post on a single site next time.

OpenAL is in my apps but I can't find the executable, what I downloaded seems to be only used for game applications.

Do you know if this only useful for headphones since it gives "3D" sound and if Rapture3D is needed for it to work?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,746 Posts
Do you need it at all? Otherwise just delete.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you need it at all? Otherwise just delete.
I don't need the Core SDK, I only have the program installed but I saw no .exe so I was confused if I needed it or not to just use it for games that use OpenAL, sorry for the confusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts