Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I am no electronics expert either but the only advice i can offer is that generic type power supplies similar to yours are the reason we have written a power supply guide.
There is a chance you could replace the faulty components with some better quality units but my worry would be that you are only moving the weakest link somewere else. There may be other components that are on the verge of failure. That power supply is really not a quality unit I would consider spending money on.
I understand the shortage of cash but i'm also concerned you may just be wasting your money trying to resurect the old unit

It is not a repair guide but it may help understand why we recommend the power supplies we do in the article so if you have the time I suggest having a read of this article our team put together
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f70/outdated-power-supply-information-and-selection-107466.html

EDIT: I just done a quick google on your power supply and it was not a good outcome. I suggest you also google it and see if you still want to repair it, you really need a quality 550W + unit

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.