Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new poster, long time reader/admirer of this site.
A few days ago, my computer started chugging pretty slowly. I haven't installed any new programs, or downloaded anything, including updates, etc. I'm pretty good about scanning/defragging my computer weekly as well.
Here are some examples of the slowdown:
*Significant lag when opening a new Internet Explorer window
*Significant lag when opening any new program
*Computer sometimes half opens a program like IE and chugs for about 8 seconds, then slowly loads the program.

In addition, I'm not sure if this is related, but I turned on the computer to day to have nothing work. I would be able to double click an item, my DSL connection for instance, and it would flash like it's opening, then nothing would happen. My quick launch buttons are pressed, and stay depressed. I had to restart a few times to get it working. Also, after looking at the setup menu pre-boot (F2), I escape and choose exit, then the computer beeps and says unable to boot from network, or something to that effect. (Press F1 to retry and F2 to return to setup utility).

Is there any sort of diagnostics program that can tell me what's wrong? Or should I just system restore one week past, or just scan through everything again?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.