Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure what forum to post this in, so I'm posting this in here as well as the Windows 200 and Other forums.

Alright I am in quite a dilemma right now. Here's my problem.

first off, my computer specs :

AMD T-bird 1.4 ghz, MSI KT3 Ultra Motherboard, Hercules Prophet 3 video card, 2 stick of 256 mbs of RAM, DVD-ROM, CD burner, Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet adapter

My computer was working fine, when one day I started noticing a bunch of CRC errors in every compressed file that I was downloading. I didnt think much of it, I just redownloaded until I could get the .rar working correctly. Further on, I was having problems booting up on Windows XP Professional, I was getting errors at the login screen and I had to reboot, which I did sometimes 4-5 times before I could actually log in and get my computer to work.

I was able to cope with having to reboot a few times to get my pc to work, but then one day I got home from work, and my computer was frozen on a blue screen caused by a Stop Error. I could no longer start up my pc at that point, getting many different stop errors on each boot. At that point I decided to completely format my HD. When I was trying to install either Windows 2000 or XP pro again, it would hang during the installation on a Stop Error that was different every time I tried to install. So I tried installing Windows 98, it worked, but my system is pretty unstable, I get blue error screens alot, and I cannot seem to install any applications or games that are of a decent size (ie 400mb+), they cause my computer to lock up.

So I guessed maybe my Hard drive was damaged, so I went out and bought a Western Digital 7200 rpm 80 gig hard drive, brand new and in its original box, sealed up and all. I still couldn't install any OS besides Windows 98, having the same problem during the installation process for Windows XP and 2000 as on my old Hard drive. Another problem I encountered while trying to format all 80 gigs of my hard drive was that my computer hung about 75% of the way thru the formatting process. The only way I could format it was if I went by small partitions, somewhere around 10 gigs per partition. So now that Windows 98 was installed, it was still unstable as beofre, and I still wasn't able to transfer large files or install any large applications, they would make my computer freeze up again. So I then plugged my brand new Western Digital hard drive in my friend's computer and installed windows 2000 on it, and it worked perfectly. But when I unplugged it, and plugged it in my computer, I would get the following Stop error :

**Stop : 0x0000007B (0xF241B84C, 0xC000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I get the same error message every time I try to boot up on windows 2000 out of my box, while it works perfectly on my friend's computer.

So I decided to read up a little on Stop errors, and found that maybe I should update my BIOS. So I did, using the handy Live Update program bundled with my Motherboard. I flashed my BIOS and everything went smoothly, but I still wasnt able to boot with 2000, still getting the same stop error.

Now there were no hardware changes on my computer from when it was able to run XP to where it is now, I just got a random stop error on one day, and I have no idea why. If anyone could help me out with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
Go into the bios and watch the temperature monitor in there and see what it climbs up to.

If it's not a heat issue then it could be that the CPU may not be flushing the cache properly.

S

·
0 Posts
If this Western Digital drive is the only hard drive you are using remove all the jumbers next to the power plug and try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.