Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my son has the usual connectins for sound, eg 7.1 or 5.1, I havent got a seperate 5.1 speaker system so I plug a jack into the lime coloured port for head phones etc, the other end of the jack has the red white and yellow, I plugged the red and white into my sons stereo ports, white and red, but it only seems to come out of one speaker, if you swop the leads round it comes out the other speaker.
I have noticed if you pull the jack out slightly the sound transfers to the other speaker, but not both at the same time, I guess the jack is only making contact at different possitions, have you any ideqas what lead i need to get both speakers working.
Thansk:4-dontkno

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Sounds like cable is just faulty, if it does the same thing on another 3.5 mm audio output, then it definitely is the cable.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I think I have worked it out, I was unlucky enough to have two leads similar, the jack has three black rings on the insert, I gather these jacks are used for audio and video, which makes sense as you would have to seperate the left and right and the video feed. DOH!! theres your luck only two leads in the house and both wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.