Tech Support banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Logitech G102 seems to stutter randomly with my new PC. It doesn't happen with my laptop. I tried using a different mouse too and it doesn't stutter either. I've tried reinstalling logitech drivers and G Hub but that hasn't helped. My drivers are up to date.

The stutter seems to happen twice in a row in succession whenever it occurs so it stops for a second before resuming movement and then stops again for a second. USB Sleep is disabled in the power options. I've also disabled the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" setting and restarted but that hasn't helped either.

New PC specs: 5600x, 1070ti mini, 8GBx2 DDR4 3200 MHz RAM. All mice I use with my PC are plugged into the front panel USB 2.0 port.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,302 Posts
Any chance it's hanging on "sticky" mouse pad?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, because the G102 doesn't lag with my laptop (using the same mousepad). My HP mouse doesn't lag on my PC either (again using the same mousepad). I just uninstalled Logitech G Hub and Logitech drivers and encountered the same two stutters in a row just now.

·
27,302 Posts
Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Change Speed
I prefer using the Windows software as opposed to installing the Logitech one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Change Speed
I prefer using the Windows software as opposed to installing the Logitech one.
When I say stutter, I don't mean that the mouse moves slowly. I mean that every once in a while it stops moving entirely for a second or two.

·
27,302 Posts
Uninstall the Logitech drivers, unplug the mouse, and try with the Windows generic ones which will self install after the mouse is plugged in and recognized. I'm sure by now you've tried other USB outlets.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No stutter so far but idk if I can rule the issue out since it's intermittent and there's no real way for me to induce/replicate it.

·
27,302 Posts
Keep in touch.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's no lag upon switching to the front USB 3.0 Port. I've even reinstalled logitech g hub and it seems to be working fine. Any idea what could be causing it to lag in the front USB 2.0 port?

·
27,302 Posts
If nothing works properly, it's the port. If only that mouse, then it needs 3.0 speed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this happen on a customer's computer and it was the video driver causing the stuttering/hesitation issue. The outward visible symptom was with the mouse but in actuality, it was the whole system. I just noticed the mouse. The graphics adapter was using a Microsoft driver and I downloaded the manufacturer's driver for the graphics card from the manufacturer's website.

Worth a look.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had this happen on a customer's computer and it was the video driver causing the stuttering/hesitation issue. The outward visible symptom was with the mouse but in actuality, it was the whole system. I just noticed the mouse. The graphics adapter was using a Microsoft driver and I downloaded the manufacturer's driver for the graphics card from the manufacturer's website.

Worth a look.
Thanks, I double checked the display driver and it is for the 1070 Ti. I'll try moving the mouse to one of the USB 2.0 ports at the back and see how it does.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts