Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I checked with the manufacturer (SIS) about this motherboard. In the tech docs it is compatible with a P4 2.80GHz, 533FSB. There is also a 430 watt Power Supply so that is sufficient. I also updated to the latest Mobo bios and that went without a hitch. So, I tried to upgrade to this CPU. I installed the cpu and fan carefully. When I rebooted, only the fans would run. There were no beeps at all. Very, very quiet. I put the older Celeron back in and the machine booted to WinXP just fine. Any suggestions??

Thank you so much for your help,
Joe Raza

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
are your bios set to auto detect the cpu parameters or are they jumper configured ?????

try clearing cmos and restart

goodluck

joe

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the manual and it did not state anything except "how to clear the cmos". So, I'll try clearing the cmos. I'm pretty new to this. The manual says to unplug and move the switch from 1-2 to 2-3 and then back to 1-2. This will clear the cmos?

Thanks again for your help.
Joe Raza :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, it appears that clearing the CMOS did not do anything different. Still just the power supply fan and the cpu fan run. If it helps, my motherboard is a MS-6769 (651M Combo) by MSI. I don't know what else to do. :4-dontkno MSI's support is horrible. Any other suggestions??
Does it make sense that if I try to open my cd-rom drawer that that doesn't work either. There's no power to that it seems. My power supply is compliant?? Model EP-43057 - http://www.censuspc.com/product.php?productid=2314&cat=30&page=1

Thank you again,
Joe Raza

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I had to be the bearer of bad news but after looking at the link you provided it seems you may have purchased a door stopper :eek: . For $15.00 you are not going to get much power out of that psu. Read this for further info on purchasing a psu http://www.forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?t=101151. I'd also recommend these to purchase Enermax, Thermaltake, Enlight, or Fortron Source(which are a little expensive, but worth it).

Give us your computer specs so we can help you in getting your computer going, be as precise as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.