Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a clue where to begin trying to fix this problem. I keep getting random icons on my desktop called "online security guide" and "live safety center". There are also many fake balloon warnings appearing and a window titled "Critical System Warning!" that wants me to download stuff. What process can I go through to clean my system. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to Norton 2008. I am currently running IP tool antivirus and spyware, I also have ran Smitfraudfix, still getting pop ups like crazy. Also my IP tools is finding Trojan.Virtumonde. I use Quicken and it seems to have attacked it because I am no longer able to use it. Any help would be great...thank you!

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately, and, of course, all our helpers are volunteers.

Since it has been a few days since you first posted, please follow these instructions if you still need assistance.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop . Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  1. Close all applications and windows.
  2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - minimised > extra.txt and maximised > main.txt.
  4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt back in this thread (do not attach it).
  5. Please attach extra.txt to your post.

To attach a file to a new post, simply
  1. Click the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
  2. copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:
    C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt
  3. Click Upload.

I will monitor this thread for your reply.

Thank you for your patience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.