Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all,

im having a crisis here. I have a bunch of games (namely asherons call and Starcraft and the like) and i cant get any of the online gaming parts to work. Actually, not a single program except for AOL and AIM work on my computer. I have a Dell PC with Windows XP home Plus! edition, a 56k dial-up modem, and young teen web restrictions. If anyone knows anything that could help (i think i remember hearing somewhere that u cant run any online programs thru AOL but maybe this is just my computer) so any advide would be greatly appreciated. Thank yo all so much!

~Evan

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hi Bluestrata43, welcome!

Sounds like AOL is blocking everything. I don't use it so I don't know how to tell you to fix it. Maybe someone here uses it - but unlikely.

Have you looked at AOL documentation on parental restrictions? What if you raise the "restrictions" to see if this has something to do with your problem?

(my first instinct was to tell you to uninstall AOL - but that wouldn't be very helpful! ;))

HTH

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I have seen this before-

If you have parental controls on an AOL account, you can't play games over the intrenet since AOL uses a proxy (things viewed online go to an AOL server where they are scanned in their database of objectionable sites, and then sent to you) that won't allow those connections through. In order to play those games, you must have the parental controls lifted. And by "lifted", I mean there can be no proxy at all which would mean that you need completely unfiltered web access (which can be changed within the 'young teen' settings).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.