Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a service for securing my data online . the company is based in ohio www.secureonlinebackups.com and they give me 24/7 access to my backed up data via ftp and i can use my existing software to do the backup. Has anyone ever heard of a compnay like this? One that gives you direct access to your files ? let me know

thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
problem with online data back up....is....it is off site...If it is sensitive data..How do you know for 100% that you competition isint buying it form a dishonest employee...they can promis you all they want but who can gruntee that...you can if it is in house and under your control....

Every lose you internet access...car hit a pole knock it down for a few hours..a tech throw a switch somewhere and its lost for a few hours, days..can you afford to be without your data

for data redundancy ...part of a bigger plan yes...for data backup..not the best solution

IMO:bandit:

welcome to the boards!!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
yah, I agree with Doonz. I think you cant be too paranoid about that kinda stuff when your data is in question.
You say that they give you full access to your data. Do they have full access to your data as well? how easy can they manipulate it?
What are their backup plans? Any negative feedback from previous customers of theirs? any negative complaints about them? If I had to go with online backup service for my data I would do my homework on them thoroughly and maybe even check with BBB..... Its a really sticky situation.

my2cents.

take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.