Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am glad I found this forum. I am utterly puzzled by the following.

Is it possible for OneNote, an amazingly useful program that I really like, to take up so much space on my hrad disc?

I only started using it a few weeks ago. The OneNote folder in My Documents has slightly over 1 MB. The OneNote files in Program Files do not exceed 1 MB either. I don't know where else I could search for the remaining 4 GB.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
What type of program is OneNote? What does it do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a notetaking tool. Wikipedia and demo.

I'd expect it to be a lightweight program. I really have no idea why it is so huge. Is it possible that the Control Panel displays a wrong piece of information?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Un-install it. But before you do, note down the size of free space on your HDD, and then note it afterwards, and work out roughly how much its ACTUALLY taking up.

Then re-install it. And post back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
System requirements from the M$ One Note site - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/HA101668651033.aspx#15

Hard disk: 1 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.

Run disk cleanup. Perhaps there is actually that much in Office Setup Files that are being accredited to One Note.
How much space should all Office Setup Files take up, then? If I add up all Office-related parts, I get 4,5 GB. Is this normal

If I run disk cleanup and get rid of setup files, I will need the installation CD whenever I want to install a component, right? :sigh: I do have it but it is so practical now.

By the way, the disk cleanup wizard says that I could free up to 515 000 KB of disc space. Office set up files are 149 000 KB. So I'd say this is not "the" problem.

Anyway, I am going to uninstall the thingy. See you!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Reinstall it and see if the 68mb comes back, or if it is more or less?

I suspect an error within add or remove programs. Run a registry cleaner, if you have one, it might smooth it out.

And usually instead of saying 4000mb it just says 4.2gb or whatever, making more of an error then anything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.