Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Ive got a stange problem. I have three puters. 2 hardwired to a router, one connected wireless. The problem is with the wireless one. I have 2 users on the winxp wireless puter. When i connect as tom, i can get to all shared folders in the network, but cannot pickup the internet. When i signon as ervin, i can get all shared folders and the internet. As i said this is on a xp. I do not have a firewall on. All ip and subnets are correct. the router is a lynksys. The hard wired are 2000, and server 2003. Im using as a workgroup not a domain. I have the signon name of tom on all computers with the same password. I am not using passwords on the xp though. any suggestions why one user can get the internet and the other user cannot. I have not set up any restrictions on router either. Also i havent bothered to set up security yet. All accounts are administrator with full permissions

·
Citizen of the world
51,137 Posts
Since it's a single computer, it's obviously something in the account settings. Is the non-working account an administrative account?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.