Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I use my PC as DAW (Digital Audio Workstation); recently I bought one terabyte internal hard drive (Samsung; don’t know the model name) and installed XP Pro on it! I am using my other hard disk (160 GB) as for old back up and no operating system installed in it!

After installation (one terabyte) it was running fine but few days later my PC cant boot or find my new hard drive; so I checked the BIOS and didn’t find also my one terabyte there (Every time I can see my old hard drive)! I replace all the old cable and installed new and it was working fine again! But again last few days I having this problem.

Every time I need to pull and again insert the cable of my hard drive (from the mother board) to find my new one terabyte; I checked and didn’t find any loose connection.

Please advice me to get rid from this problem.

Note: My BIOS and all the drivers are updated.

My PC configuration as below:
Core 2 Duo
Mother Board (DG 33 FB)
RAM (6 GB; 800 BUS)
Hard Drive (One Terabyte + 160 GB)
Sound Card (AUDIGY 4 Pro)
Graphics Card (ASUS 512 MB)
XP Pro

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I have the same prob with a Western Digital Sata2 hard drive. I mess about with several Operating systems on the same comp with several types of drives. Like you every couple of days the WD gets lost. I used to open the case and push the appropriate connectors and there it was, all good for another couple of days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I simply lift the box up about 1/2 an inch and drop it and there it is working perfectly."

You mean I need to drop the Hard Drive or whole casing? Where? One the floor or on my head? Ha hah!

Cant gotch you! Details please! Explain me the 'DROP'!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.