Tech Support banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it sounds pointless or even dangerous but a program to access bios from within windows has its benefits. I would think the program didnt access the bios right then as your using it, but rather after you make your changes to the program and restart. Upon restart and behind the scenes the pc then goes into bios, changes things for you and goes on to load windows. This is just how i would think it would work as im no programmer. Anyway, i found a program online a few years ago for windows 10. Now i cant and was wondering if anyone out there knows of it. My reason for needing it ? I have only wireless bluetooth keyboards as my girlfriend tossed the " antique" ones with cords. the BT does not boot untill after windows loads so no chance to enter bios. Any help there would be great too. thank you all who help me out.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,578 Posts
I know of no such program, and if one exists, I wouldn't touch it unless it's an official utility published by your system's manufacturer. The safest, quickest, easiest, cheapest and most effective solution would be to get a cheap wired USB keyboard and mouse for occasions where you need to change bios settings or opt for wireless non-bluetooth ones.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I agree with Stancestans, most effective to pick up a keyboard.
AMD did have a program that allowed you to adjust uefi settings from inside w10, but was mostly intended for overclocking etc. Not sure if there was one for intel boards.
only one I can find now is:
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

I'd check on you motherboard makers website

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,629 Posts
BTW and no help to OP, there is a roundabout way to get into the bios in Windows 10 via Settings and Update & Security, but it's so convoluted, it's not worth the effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts