Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mu online videos play for a short time, then they freeze up and won't continue. I have re-loaded Adobe Flash player, but that didn't solve the problem. My online videos used to play just fine. I might add I have a desk top connected to a router. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

· Banned
3,574 Posts
Hi & Welcome, essay1955!

Please - post your system specifications!

Where are your online videos; Hulu, YouTube, IGN?

"I have re-loaded Adobe Flash player"

Does that mean you've reinstalled it to the latest version which can be found here?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for replying undocked windy!. I have to admit I have no idea how to post system specifications, also I have no idea where my "online" videos are. How do I find that out? None of the videos on the net will play. I loaded Adobe Flash Player straight from their website, soi I assume it is the latest version.

· Registered
292 Posts
I had had these options with my computer was mainly due to the os I was useing Linux. which was a problem cause my video card was not supported at that time. I would try a few things from trying to upgrading your graphics card firmware. try internet explore if you are not allready. if you are useing Internet explorer try firefox and see if the problem persists.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am using Internet Explorer. Are u suggesting I download Firefox? Not sure how to do that, or even know what it is. I have heard talk abt it. The thing is, videos used to play fine on my system. It's when I hooked up the connection to the "router" in the new place I live, is when I started to have the problem. I have no idea how to upgrade my graphics card firmware. Sorry, I am a real novice when it comes to stuff like this.

· Registered
292 Posts
well you can try www.speedtest.net and see how fast of a connection you are getting. hit control+alt+delete and go to the performance tab where is the percentage cpu usage and pf usage if this is maxed out when trying to veiw a video could cause lag in video quality.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something is stopping my computer from downloading. I tied to dowload both of the above files. The download gets to a certain percentage, and then it satys stuck on that percentage and goes very slow. I ran spy-bot, but that didn't seem to correct the problem. It appears I may have a virus. any file I try to download takes forever. It could be that the file is super large?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.