Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the ASUS PC4 E Deluxe, connected everything but couldn't connect the monitors plug to the motherboard. Next paycheck buys me a video card, but I though I had some type of onboard video. I'm not so sure anymore??
On the back Panel of the Motherboard theres a Parallel port(25pin) with a picture of a printer to the left and a serial port(9 pin) with the I/O symbol to the left. But between both on the right is a symbol I believe to be a monitor(a square within a sqare) the D-Sub connection I believe.
My old monitor has a 15 pin(3 rowconnection). new monitor has a DVI-1 plug.(arrow symbol,bends up,right,down, then continues going right)
Basically can I connect video to the parallel or serail port on my pc, and if yes can I just get some type of converter.
Thanks -PETROCLAUS

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
As far as I know, there is no "PC4 E Deluxe" motherboard from Asus, so I assume you mean the P4C800-E Deluxe. No, there is no onboard video for this board, it would be so low resolution compared to what the 875P chip can drive, I'm sure they didn't think it would be worth the space on the board. And sorry no, you cannot get video out of a parallel port or serial port either. Firewire might be interesting, but no you can't do that either.

You need to get yourself a video card, preferably AGP. The mobo quotes specs saysing it supports AGP 8x/4x at 0.8V/1.5V, and also Pro which is older. The board also can work with a PCI video card, if you would rather chew up a PCI slot. It does not work with 2x.

There have been some problems with viewing BIOS screens with this mobo, so be careful and check the Video Cards forum. I hear the Matrox G550 works fine. I use a Matrox P750 plus a patch for the screens. A very old PCI card worked OK for the screens too.

Hope this helps,

-clintfan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.