Premium Member
78,002 Posts
first who made the hard drive,once you have this go to their website
xp disks have nothing to do with it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How do i find out?....I have a refurbished 30G Compaq Evo N610C..but I'm sure its the same hard drive

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm in class at th emoment, so I'd have to do it later but.. If my laptop does say the hardrive in BIOS, say its Toshiba or soemthing..what do after that

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
you go to the makers web site download section and look for the iso version of the diognostic utility so you can put it on cd

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok, and by running it will it mess up any of the files i have on my computer?..or should i ask..i don't really get what it does....

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
it just checks the condition of the hard drive it will not interfere with your files but it will tell you if there is a problem with the hard drive

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
if there is a problem, and it comes to the point where i HAVE to buy a new hard drive (hypothetically speaking), will the hard drive i posted a link to on page one work for my Evo?

Also, what do i do if there is no problem?

(sorry I know I'm asking to many dumb questions, but its for future reference and all)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well...its taken a long time but i did the diagonstics. i did a quick test AND an advanced test and they both say that they passed the test and nothing was wrong...T-T what now..I can't even get to my desktop and if i can its only for maybe 5 minutes until a blue screen

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Also, i went to recovery console on my OE disc and did the chkdsk stuff (/p and /r) and it says "The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems" the second i type it in (0%).

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.