Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is ridiculous. My laptop has just encountered 3...count em 3 blue screens TODAY. 1 when i woke up, another when i got back from work, and one just now (5 min after the second one).

After the screens happen, my laptop makes weird whirring noises and takes a bit longer for things tog et started, and then my computer sometimes acts woky...WHATS WRONG!!!!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
87 Posts
...more info. Is the blue screen the same? What, exactly, does "woky" mean?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
when you receive bsod errors you need to post them in full
download and run the hard drive makers diognostic utility on the h/drive
if it comes up clear
run
chkdsk /r
check all the air vents are clear of dust

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
woky means wonky..sorry typo..wonky means weird by the way.

Also..the screens are same and some of different. II just now at this second got this one

"session5_initialization_failed"

Alot of them are KERNEL something...

*edit* no every time i restart i get the black screen that says "Non-system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready"..but..theres NOTHING inside any disk drive at all not even a wire card or plug is connected:4-dontkno

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
you check the partition is active by booting from a boodisk and looking at the partitions
www.bootdisk.com
the same with the diognostic you put it on disk and then boot from the disk,check it is a problem before racing out for a new one
you first need to isolate the problem before you can fix it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alright, but how do i find out wich version of XP i have or if i get Home Edition SP2..is it the same for all..

And it says i need 6 discs to do this...but is it possible for me to put it all on one DVD?

*EDIT* weird...i left the laptop unplugged an on over night. When i plugged it back into its charger after not touching it from 12:35 to about 9:34 or something. When i started it up..it went all the way to the desktop. I am typing this edit right now on the laptop. But i am not saying this is done. I'm afraid the Blue screen will happen again soon.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
do a repair install being as you have a normal disk,as it takes awhile i would use mains power not battery incase the battery runs down

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, i did it..i don't see any problems so far, but its only been 5 minutes so i keep you notified, thank you.

also, while I'm booting the laptop there is a startup screen that is blue and says "OS/2 Warp"...well that screen makes it take a long time to get to the logon screen. Is there any way to skip the screen?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
set the bios to no for os/2
that is the only place i have seen it,i don't have anything to do with laptops so i don't know if it is normal

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
when yo receive a bsod post the error message in full
did you run the diognostic on the hard drive

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whats that?

When i go to BIOS (f10) all i see is File, Security, Tools, Advanced

is it the HDD Self test?:4-dontkno

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok i'll try, but first i need to actually get into the desktop:sleep:

But if i do, I'll do it.

Also, where in BIOS do i turn of the OS/2 thing?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
you run the diognostic utility by booting from the disk you saved it to,not from within windows
this enables you to check the hard drive when it has failed enough not to boot into the operating system
just look for the listing for
os/2 it may not be there i have not run into it before but just think i have seen it in there

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way..my laptop doesn't have a floppy disc drive just so you know. Also, is the boot disc the diagnostic utility thing? Because,..i have no idea which from the site I'm supposed to download. I have the Student Edtion of XP with SP2 already installed, so which do i pick?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.