Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started when Internet Explore 7 wouldn't show any videos after my computer restarts. After a day or two of leaving my computer running it works again. But the last couple of days every night windows downloads and installs update, thus restating my computer. i learned thought a long process that it had nothing to do with flash, like i thought. So i installed IE 7 and reinstalled IE from the windows CD i have. I then upgraded up to windows IE 8 and then updated windows from control panel (thinking it would stop the updates at night but didn't). After the update my system restarted and once again IE didn't show any videos. So again i installed IE and restart my system to install IE again from the CD. When my computer was starting back up i got a error message that iertutil.dll is missing please reinstall file. I hit ok and nothing booted up but my wallpaper. On another computer i found a site that told me how to fix this problem, of downloading the file and putting it into folder c:\windows\system32 and system32\dllcache. I put the file in to the system32 folder but i cant find the dllcache folder because its hidden and the only thing i get when i boot my system is task manager i cant unhide the folders, so i rebooted my system to see if that fixed it. When it was coming back up i got a new error message of "the ordinal 173 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and only thing that comes up is my wallpaper. How do i fix this error and is it normal for windows to be updating like this every night?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.