Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OLEAUT32.dll problems 1st time poster

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rayden54 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Glad to find this form!!
I am running a Toshiba latop with XP pro and after running prefetch, selecting all files, deleting, shutting down ( done this a 100 times). the next session when booting up windows starts to load prompts me to log on then shows an error message that is in a box saying " Explorer. exe, un able to locate component OULEAUT32.dll"

The computer can still be shut down and if i restart pressing F8 and chose any of the options, including safe mode, it shows the same error message. I have downloaded the OULEAUT file onto a floppy and if i chose the floppy as my boot drive, it shows an error message saying " Non system disk error".

I know i am close to fxing this but dont know much about this stuff. Any help would be apprectiated.

Thanks in advance, Darrin

#9 ·
Hi

If there's any way you can enter Windows Explorer than do that and put this file in there.

If not then you'll need 2 HDDs altogether unless you can run a CD:
Hard Disk Drive 0 (present one)
Hard Disk Drive 1 (another one)

You'll need to "add HDD1 to this same computer, have an OS on it" and then bootup from it while still having HDD0 connected. Then download and unzip this file: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32

Get the missing file oleaut32.dll and place it in [drive letter]:\WINDOWS\system32\ in the corrupted harddrive, i.e. HDD0.

Then restart the system and bootup from HDD0, the one you have placed the file into.

Should be fixed.

#10 ·
I'm having almost this same problem, except Alt+Ctrl+Delete does bring up the task manager, and I can run the command prompt. If I try to run any other programs, I get the oleaut32 error and the program immediatly shuts down (including Windows Explorer).

I also don't have the XP install disc (as far as I can tell).

Question: Since I can copy/paste with the command prompt, do I need two hard drives?

Question 2: If I do, is Windows Me acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.