Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello, i hope this forum will help me help a friend with his problem, a spyware problem

I am not a computer genius not pretend to be. I am 51 years old and everything I know is self taught. I was probably writing fortan before some of you were born. Does anyone even remember fortan, good old MNF4, the grand daddy of them all.

Once I get established, I will post my problem in teh appropriate place. For now, it concerns what I think I have identified as boran.g, boran.a, other boran, and a mysteriuos file called alvsn.dll located in a folder under programs called vision. The basic problem is that nothing will delete these. Once deleted, they just re-appear, literally, the registy, the files, teh whole can of soup.

I have been to other forums with this problem, AVG, lavasoft, MSN and others, and no one has yet offered up a viable solution. I hope once one is found it will be useful to others in teh future.

Thanks for letting me post. I hope to hear from some of you and we can get aquainted

awsmitty

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Hi awsmitty,welcome to TSF, do you see at the very top of this page where it says "Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps" click on it, I think that is where you should start.

Good luck!

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'Day! "Greetings from The Land Down Under" awsmitty, and Welcome to TSF!! :wave:

We've got the best Security Team on The Net...:sayyes:

They will get rid of those "nasties" too, and if they can't, then I personally think that nobody will! :grin:

:4-cheers:

Regards,

Dave T.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Hi
Welcome to TSF :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.