Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. Recently, my 750GB Hitachi drive with Windows 7 did not want to start. When I power my PC on, the drive starts making a faint "beeping" noise. I took the top off of the drive, and I see the actuator arm moving onto the disk, and then moving back into the docking position. I boot up and see the HP boot screen, but it freezes there.
I brought my PC to a local tech guy who works out of his house as a part time job. He ordered a new 500GB Western Digitial hard drive and tried installing Windows 8. From what he says, the brand new hard drive does "the same thing" as my old one. I know it isn't an issue with the PSU, RAM, or video card, because I tried my stock PSU, and still nothing. Removed the video card and went to on-board, and still nothing.
I am a student and I am in dire need of this computer being fixed, so any help at all would be so appreciated! :thumb:
Thanks much.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Did the "Tech" try replacing the data cables? Did he try a different power plug? Did he plug it into a different SATA port on the Motherboard? If the "new" HDD is just new to him and not brand new, it could be a case of bad luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just tried to put the sata cable into a different port, still nothing. My buddy said he has a 1TB hard drive laying around and he has to ask his dad if he can sell it to me for $50. I can get a copy of Windows 8 from the guy who took a look at it, so I am think of going this route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.