Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Packard Bell Synera and I am taking a good guess that this video thing is onboard since there is not a card to speak of, really. BUT...there is nothing that spells OUT that it is video related! I see this SIS 5598 and on a driver website, someone said it gave them their colors, but it didn't work for me...so I guess I have no idea what this things is. In the back of the PC, there are two FOXCONN box-thingys that look like they are covering the ports in the back from the inside. I have to WINBOND things on the motherboard. There is something that is ICS. My audio is ESS and I do have drivers for that.

NOW...there is something on the board that reads "disable Int. VGA" and "enable Int. VGA" and there is a 3 pring plug next to it. Not sure what that means, but I have nothing that fits over that plug.

I think I am dying here. Am I stuck with these colors forever and ever??? Help a poor girl out?

I do have this website: http://www.packardbell.co.uk/support/node201.asp

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
there is something seriously wrong with packard bell...

You'll want to try the drivers under:

SIS 651 Video controller
Sis650 Video controller
Video chipset Intel 810 and 815
Video chipset Intel i810(E) DVMT
Video chipset S3 Savage 4 Pro

unfortunately since packard bell doesn't seem to support customers in the US I can't get a better list of possible drivers...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK..so I can just go ahead and download these and just try them and see if they work?

Thank you SOOO much. YES, there is something wrong with Packard HELL. UGH...

Is it possible to buy a new video thingy for this hunk of junk?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
You could buy a new video card for your computer, but you'd have to make sure you have an open AGP or PCI slot to put it in, and you would also need to disable your onboard video via the BIOS settings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.