Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to occur after powering on the monitor, and gradually fades into normalcy within about five to ten minutes...

The problem is thus: After turning on the monitor (and it has been off for a while, at least a few minutes), there is a second image offset to the right of everything in the monitor's display. It begins about two inches from the left margin of the screen. I didn't start noticing this until I had been using the monitor for some time - it is fairly old, and probably no longer under warranty, but the problem showed up so quickly that I thought it might be correctable.

The image is of every other line of the display, so I checked interlacing options and they're turned off, as should be. I also tried with them on, to be sure, and nothing changed. I do not get this problem with any other monitor and since they fade away and come back after power-on, it makes me think it's a problem with the hardware rather than the software.

(Even when not plugged in, if I turn on the monitor, I get the flicker going on the 'NO SIGNAL' box that shows up.)

My monitor is a ViewSonic VA800 LCD.

My display adapter is a GeForce 6600 GT, and the drivers are up-to-date. Once again, though, I am certain this is a hardware problem.

It is not a refresh rate issue, as that tends to induce scrolling rather than this strange artifacting, and this particular monitor's refresh rate cannot be modified with the buttons on the hardware - it can only inherit it from Windows.. and it's at 60 Hz anyway.

So with all that excluded, does anyone have any idea what's going on here? :4-dontkno

~ Jon

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the video card. Try reseating it. Make sure you unplug the computer before removing the card.

If it still does not work, do you have another video card you can try?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terrister said:
Sounds like a problem with the video card. Try reseating it. Make sure you unplug the computer before removing the card.

If it still does not work, do you have another video card you can try?
There is no way it could be the graphics card, it happens even when the computer is off, and the monitor is plugged into only power (not the computer).

~ Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.