Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently have begun experiencing a problem with sending emails out of my outlook account.

I haven't changed any information from when it worked before, but now that I've hooked up at my new apartment (still using the same ISP as I moved just a few blocks away) I can only receive emails from my POP3 account. When I try to send out an email or reply it instantly returns the mail with this in the body:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: Do me a favor?
Sent: 11/16/2007 12:49 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'HIDDEN NAME FOR PRIVACY' on 11/16/2007 12:49 PM
550 5.7.1 <EMAIL HERE>... Relaying denied

I hid the name and email for privacy reasons.

Also when I do a test on the email account settings in outlook, everything checks out until it tries to send a test email message and I get this error:

"Send test email message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field."

Checked everything and seems good to go on the e-mail address. Also chased my tail for a bit and found I need to update to SP3 for office but that still didn't fix the problem. Patches and all.

Any help??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your SMTP server is saying you don't have permission to use it. Even if you only moved a few blocks, your SMTP server could be linked to an old IP or something. My guess would be that your SMTP server requires authentication, so check those settings and see if putting your username and password in there gives you some love.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out that after a bunch of searchingthe net and phone calls, this was the issue.

I just needed to find out what my new email and login was to use the, inmy case Earthlink, outgoing mail server.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.