Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm working for a company which is using Office Communicator 2007 R2 as their instant messaging application, and we're experiencing issues with audio.

The problem is that during testing of a video call, for e.g. Jack, can see/hear David without any issues, but David can barely hear Jack, as if he is standing at the corner of the room talking. Very little audio, and there's alot of static.

So far I have tried the following:

1. Going into Tools -> Audio and Video setup. Here I ensured that both computers have their microphone levels set to maximum, and their sound levels to maximum. No difference.

2. I have plugged in earphones, used the internal speakers on the laptop, used external monitors (which have microphone/webcam capability), and speakers on a desk. No difference.

3. Tested this on an office floor where the computers are less than 10 metres apart, and between office sites. No difference.

4. Opened Control Panel -> Sounds. Checked that both the audio and microhpone levels are set to maximum, and working okay. No difference.

5. Tested video calling on wireless, and connected with a LAN cable.

None of the above have made my job any easier in identifying the root cause of this issue. The strange thing is, video calls work fine between some computers on site, and from different offices, and quite often it doesnt for others. So distance between computers doesn't appear to be the source of the issue.

Everyone is using either Lenovo T420's laptops, or the T410 model.

Technical info:

Office Communicator 2007 R2 v 3.5.6907.268
Windows 7 Enterprise x64bit SP 1
Audio Driver version: Conexant v 8.32.23.2

I'm not sure what other information to provide, so ask away if you like.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
It could be a compatibility issue. Go to .exe file which opens the Office Commander software right click on it then select properties, then select "Compatibility" try Windows XP SP2 and 3.

It also might be a plugin issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jack,

Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately though it didn't resolve the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already been through this page and tried everything suggested there. It didn't improve the sound or quality at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.