Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen down there any one help

I have just partitioned and formated my hard drive then

successfully installed windows 2000 proffessional on trying to

install office2000 i keep getting the error message that no

compliant programs are availabe to allow office install so i get

stuck and that is it ma technical capabilities stretched to the limit i can't move a step

S

·
0 Posts
Have you tried going to start, run and type D:\setup I'm not sure if it will work but it would be my first option......

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
It sounds like the Office you are installing is an upgrade version and is looking for a qualifying product before installing. Do you see this message "Setup failed to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine. Please select the drive where a qualifying product can be found" If so you will need to insert a qualifying product cd into you drive just so Office will know you can legally install the upgrade version.

More information can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q210437

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
office2k...

bvolkar exactlthat is what is happening so
where do i move next? not that i can't thaink but the first time am encouterung it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
office2k...

bvolkar this is the exact error i meeting does it mean i have to look for another cd conatining offce 2k no shortcuts.

Fine even the win2k itself after installation didnot have a start menue for quite a while so this win2k biznes is very vexing to starngars like me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
office2k...

bvolkar this is the exact error i meeting does it mean i have to look for another cd conatining offce 2k no shortcuts.

Fine even the win2k itself after installation didnot have a start menu for quite a while so this win2k biznes is very vexing to strangers like me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
office2k

Am greatfuly atleast i can now rest knowing where the exact problem lies a good evening for me today thanks jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.