1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
You will need to buy SATA cables if you don't already have them. Usually motherboards come with a bunch of SATA cables, so unless you adding a hard disk to a prebuilt computer, you should be all set.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
be aware that OEM drives as a general rule have no manufacturers warranty, some times the seller might give a 30 day replacement warranty if youre lucky

factor this in when considering OEM anything.

cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
be aware that OEM drives as a general rule have no manufacturers warranty, some times the seller might give a 30 day replacement warranty if youre lucky
factor this in when considering OEM anything.
cheers
im aware of this, but does this apply even when it clearly says "5 year manufacturer's warranty"

on't forget drive screws that hold it in place if you don't have any
my case says tool-less....

@ TheMatt

thanks

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I have never seen an OEM drive with any warranty; you could always email tech support @ seagate and check; but they generally send you back to the reseller (the OEM) for warranty obligations.

I am not suggesting they are bad drives, just make sure they are great deal. I would not buy an OEM drive if I were only saving 10% to 15% of the cost of a retail boxed drive with full warranty.

just my opinion though :wave:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never seen an OEM drive with any warranty; you could always email tech support @ seagate and check; but they generally send you back to the reseller (the OEM) for warranty obligations.

I am not suggesting they are bad drives, just make sure they are great deal. I would not buy an OEM drive if I were only saving 10% to 15% of the cost of a retail boxed drive with full warranty.

just my opinion though :wave:
yes, *fingers cross* the one i get is not faulty :S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.