Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zaXdxcsdedr:rolleyes:

My problem: I can not find contacts / emails that were saved through Outlook Express. I changed to Outlook - as Comcast had set up our cable modem with OE saying that there was no difference between the two - I attempted to transfer all valuable files to Outlook but this did not work.

Additional complication AND perhaps the solution to the problem:
This computer had been on a network so it had a strange log in configuration with multiple domains...I "simplified" this to just one log in / domain.

I am not certain if this change in domains is responsible for why I can not find any files within the folders where the original OE files should be stored...but unless we have deleted them...which we have not...they should still be on my hard drive - no ?

Clarification: OE was used for email...only while this computer was standing alone - so the change to Outlook has nothing to do with a Network - the contacts/email files were definitely saved on this hardrive - unfortunately not with Comcast.

Thanks, if anyone has any ideas, I feel that I have exhausted online help / tutorials / speaking with those more adept than I at
more advanced hardrive searches...though in addition to this I opened every folder on my hardrive...what' s up :confused:

By the way, I believe that the path to the files should be:

C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.