Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VERY important email that I am trying to read and then print off. Whenever I try to open it (or any other msg for that matter) I get this msg:

MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 0167:70bd899f

I have tried other suggestions (ie. Internet Repair, downloading a new copy of the .dll file, renaming "folders.dbx" to "folders.old") that were suggested to me that I try. I still get the error.

We are having other problems with our computer and are on the verge of wiping the hard drive clean and reloading everything. I'm sure this would fix the problem but I would in turn lose this very important email that I cannot get another copy of.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it was me and I was getting ready to reinstall my system anyhow then I would use a tool such as Back Setting's OE Backup (the demo should work fine, but be sure to read the limitations at the bottom) to back up OE and then go ahead with the reinstall of the system. However if OE Backup encounters any errors at all I would try something else because the restore may not work.

There are also plenty of walkthroughs of backing up OE manually available through Google, however they are mostly aimed at more advanced users.

Ex: http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
Karen_B said:
I have a VERY important email that I am trying to read and then print off. Whenever I try to open it (or any other msg for that matter) I get this msg:

MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 0167:70bd899f

I have tried other suggestions (ie. Internet Repair, downloading a new copy of the .dll file, renaming "folders.dbx" to "folders.old") that were suggested to me that I try. I still get the error.

We are having other problems with our computer and are on the verge of wiping the hard drive clean and reloading everything. I'm sure this would fix the problem but I would in turn lose this very important email that I cannot get another copy of.
If you open your mailbox in a text editor, you will be able to print off the headers and text of the email.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.