Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The oddest thing just happened for the very 1st time just now:

I use Chrome. When I'm on Yahoo checking mail, after a few seconds, my computer will suddenly open another tab on its own to a completely blank page. It seemed to just do it for Yahoo, but it did it when I was on another discussion board too. In the bar, it said:

about:blank

I can't even check my Yahoo mail or write an email like this and I hope this doesn't start happening with every webpage I'm on.

Anyone know what the heck's going on and what to do about it? I can't have my computer screwing up like this. :mad:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hi,

It looks that there is a unwanted extension on the chrome, on the top left hand of the chrome browser, please click on vertical 3 dots and more tools and extensions, remove all unwanted extensions. secondly, go to settings-check for search engine- disable all unwanted search engines.

There also seems to be virus on this pc and I would request the moderator/system analyst experts team to help our colleague to resolve this concern.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIXED! I don't know which one fixed it...the clearing of the cache, browsing history, and cookies OR the removing of this one and only extension I added on lately, but it's fixed now! Whew!

vanukuru.vinod, hi & thanks a lot for posting. I appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,118 Posts
Good to hear you got it fixed!

Please mark your thread solved in Thread Tools at the top of the page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.