Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound strange, but I want my computer to talk. I'm tired of the old Windows Sounds. I wondered if there was a mod/program that I could install that would do this for me, or even a sound pack.

The age old things, "Hello [name here]" or "Welcome Back [name here]" to "Error, attempting recovery" these are just examples.

I would be very greatful, so would my only friend... No not my PC, I have a real friend... Okay, she's blow up, but she still loves me!

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can get a mic, record your own wav and replace those wav files with your own. Or try to find a software where you type and it records what you type, save those wav files and remap the sounds from the control panel.

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
Just do a search for themes on the web.
I remeber a start trek voyager theme I used to run that would talk like that.
I also used to have my computer snorting like a pig and stuff like that,way back when. :laugh:

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
For my Windows Startup, I have C3PO saying "All systems have been alerted to your presence, sir!" and for my email "Check your mailbox, you moron!"
I'll grow up one day :rolleyes:

Be careful downloading sound packs. They're sometimes on sites with popups and can install spyware. Try somewhere reputable like Tucows.

·
Registered
722 Posts
koala said:
For my Windows Startup, I have C3PO saying "All systems have been alerted to your presence, sir!" and for my email "Check your mailbox, you moron!"
I'll grow up one day :rolleyes:
Ha ha, I used to have Mick Jagger telling me "you've got mail" a few years ago, but you soon get sick of hearing 'em. At least, I did.

Here's an example..customize alerts.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Those Graham Norton wavs would really annoy me.
Uripyores, you're in England aren't you? Have you seen the time!? :sleep:

·
Registered
722 Posts
koala said:
Those Graham Norton wavs would really annoy me.
Uripyores, you're in England aren't you? Have you seen the time!?
Yep me too.
And yes in England. You're right it's time for bed; I'm off.

You are in England too,are you not? :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.