Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i plug a SATA drive into my nvidia sata connection windows boots real slow like 30 seconds. when windows finially loads all my programs load really slow too like IE and everything else. It also makes my old IDE drive and it's OS run just as slow too. i tried doing things such as messing with bios settings that people have recommened making sure nfroce drivers was and loading the sata drivers at windows installation, but nothing has helped

now my mobo is a GA-K8NS-ULTRA-939 and has 2 other hot swapable sata connections called silicon image/satalink. The SATA hd seems to work ok on that one even though it gets detected as a Scsi drive and not a sata drive it also seems to hang for 5 seconds between the cd-rom boot prompt and the windows loading screen. prolly because it's not exactly meant to have a SATA HD hooked up to it unless it's a raid.

has anyone else seen Nvidia Sata do this before and have any ideas how to fix it?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
The Silicon Image controller should be able to handle a non-raided drive with no problems. You might check in your device manager to see if there are any errors or conflicts. Also check your system event logs for any errors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.