Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lisauk said:
Yes I reinstalled win xp and used the win xp cd to format the hard drive.

Just boot from the win xp cd.

If you need more help please post back.
Thanks guys, but I am a bit concerned that if I reinstall Win XP that will cause me to loose everything, my programs would have to be reinstalled (registrations codes, password ect..). As of right now I am really busy with this project due Tuesday and I must have my dvd rom operational for that job. Unfortunately I upgraded(stupid move) Nvidia and now Dvd Rom isn't reading any DVDs. ANd I don't remember all the keys and codes ect....

Eventually I would like to backup my entire system, Uninstall and Reinstall my operating system, and restore everything without loosing anything, or spending lots of time installing the million software I have bought over the years.

Please help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
when you have a problem please start your own thread,as they usually go in a different direction to the one you hijack.
i will split you off from this one and you can post exactly what you want as you asked how to format but don't want to

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dai said:
when you have a problem please start your own thread,as they usually go in a different direction to the one you hijack.
i will split you off from this one and you can post exactly what you want as you asked how to format but don't want to
thanks can ...you help me?? I have tried everything and my deadline is approaching fast. I feel alone now??!! Man I really hate some computer issues. I think if noone can help by tomorrow I will hire someone to my place and really fix everything from scratch .

Meanwhile dvd / combo drive isn;'t reading any of my dvds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.