Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Whenever I start playing C&C Tib. Wars or any other game my monitor goes on standby for a second then comes back on, sometimes the game stops responding all together.

I get a constant error message saying: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has succesfully recovered. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks.

Op. System Windows Vista
Process. AMD anthlon XP 2500+ (1836MHz)
DirectX version. 10
Forceware Version 163.75
Total available for graphics 752mb
Dedicated video mem. 512 mb
system video mem. omb
shared system mem. 240mb
video bios version 5.73.22.51.51
IRQ: 16
Bus: AGP X8

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like a driver issue the 7600GS was my old card.It had issues with a driver called Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller.I did installed even i did not have dual card installed and randomly at each boot it displayed that windows recovered the driver.Some times the screen would go black for few seconds .Probably that could be you're cause i used a pogram that is named Driver Detective there is where i found all the info about this driver

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
what power supply are you running,is it supplying 18+ amps on the 12v+ line
how much ram is installed for the system
vista min 1g
recommended 2g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the latest driver installed.
I have 1g ram. It is now getting to where when I would try to play Oblivion the game would just freeze up and I would have to reboot. :(
I have my old video card still its the 5500 I think I might try putting that one back in and see what happens?

The weird thing that I dont get is a was playing Fallout 2 with the same driver and I had no problems what so ever with that game??

Vista or Nvidea, whos to blame??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.