Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm rather frustrated due to the fact that every time I watch videos and movies my colors are off and distorted. I am currently using an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 in a Dell Dimension 4300S. I've updated my drivers to the most current and restarted several times. A friend of mine suggested that the color profile was off so I've messed around there to no avail. I've also been able to check another Dell in my house and I've found that the color profile there was named the same as the monitor, in my case a Dell E771a. I've searched my computer and parts of the net for a downloadable color for it. Any suggestions/advice/references that might be able to help. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Thanks :sayyes:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Have you tried older drivers like 61.77, 56.74, or older? Some people still seem to have the NVIDIA video bug with newer drivers. It's worth the trouble to try some much older ones.

Other than that I'm not sure what to try other than fiddling with video codecs (I don't know that much about the subject). Custom monitor profiles only make minor adjustments to your colors and they affect the whole screen so I doubt they have anything to do with your problem. I have a hardware gizmo which creates custom profiles for monitors and the affect is usually pretty subtle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fiddling FTW

I'm not even sure what did it. I was messing around with some video optimization apps and ended up reinstalling the most current drivers several times, Viola! It works fine all of a sudden. Thanks for your help Macro!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.