Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this new computer myself and purchased a new BFG Geforce 7900GT OC. I've installed Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and The Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay and both games won't run. These are the 2 errors I get when I try to run Riddick. "This application requires graphics driver support for OpenGL 1.3 or higher." My graphics card supports OpenGL 2.0. The second error message from Riddick says, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime error! Program:...Studios\RiddickEFBB\System\Win32_x86_SSE2\SbzEngine.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."
I've been able to play the game F.E.A.R. with no problems prior to installing the two games mentioned above. I've played the whole game of FEAR with no problems. I was also playing Unreal Tournament 2004 but I had to stop playing it because for some reason everything is too up close and I can't make out which way to go. It's like standing up against a wall with your face 2" inches from the wall. Everything is too much up close. The problem seems to be my graphics card. It's brand new and I've installed the latest drivers from nVidia's website. My new computer is an Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of Corsair Ram.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I first downloaded and installed the 84.21 drivers but when installing the drivers I received an error message and installation was canceled. Installation could not be completed. So I went ahead and downloaded version 93.71 and that one installed successfully. Since my last thread I have contacted BFG and stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours until finally I was able to talk to a person. I explained the problem about not being able to launch my games and explained to him the runtime errors that I get. He asked me if I had the latest drivers and I said yes I did. Then he asked me if I had the latest BIOS version which I didn't so that was his avenue to leave the conversation. He said call us back once I get the latest BIOS. So I went ahead and with difficulty updated my BIOS on my ASUS P5B Wifi Deluxe motherboard. My ASUS modo came with a utility to update the BIOS but I couldn't install the utility because of an "NT service registry error". So I did a little hunting on line and found out that many people with the same mobo had the same problem. Apparently ASUS knows about this problem which is a driver conflict between their mobo and Creative Labs soundcards. You can't install the BIOS update utility. So I continued searching online and finally found a hack to work around this. It was such a simple hack and it worked. All I had to do was change the of a folder in the registry by adding the letter "a" and rebooted my computer. And sure enough I was then able to install the BIOS utility and then update my BIOS to the latest version. I was somewhat afraid of this because some computers with the same problem crashed when they updated to the latest BIOS version, but I took the dive and I did not run into any problems. So I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and I have the latest BIOS version. What's next?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.