Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my laptop is an ASUS laptop Q550LF intel i7 4th gen with a
NVIDIA GT GeForce GT 745M graphic card. My OS is Windows 10

One day I played a game and it was a lot slower than it usually is. I found out when i checked device manager I found out that the NVIDIA driver had an error code 43.

I've tried reinstalling the driver many times and that has never worked. I even tried reinstalling the intel hd graphics driver then reinstalling the nvidia driver and that did not work either.

The first time I tried to fix this problem, I installed the driver 358.91 but the NVIDIA center told me that I needed to update the driver, but then it would download version 358.91 again and the problem would just loop.

My last attempt to try to fix this problem is to uninstall all driver and install version 353.49 in safe mode. Now I've ran out of options and do not know what to do.

· TSF - Enthusiast
7,682 Posts
In device manager, right-click the malfunctioning device, and then click Uninstall. Click OK when the warning message appears. Device manager uninstalls the device.

Restart the PC and allow Windows to install the "new" device it finds.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response!

So I tried what you told me and the only thing that happened when I restarted my laptop was on the start up my screen went blank for a second then back to normal. I checked the device manager and the error was still there.

The second time i tried what you told me I ticked the box "delete the software with it" or something close to that. That did not work either, but this time NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M is no longer showing on device manager. It is showing as "3D Video Controller" under the section "Other Devices".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.