Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed Windows XP on my HP Pavillion laptop about a week ago. I know I have an nvidia graphics card but my computer can't find it. I installed the drivers for it but it doesn't seem to work for some games. When I try to run the sims 3, it says I don't have a supported video card. The system specs for the game don't seem like much so I'm pretty sure I have the right one. I would really like to get this fixed.

Edit: it also doesn't show up in my device manager.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an HP Pavillion dv6700. I know for a fact that it's an Nvidia card because of the sticker on the bottom panel but it doesn't say which model it is. I need this to find the specific driver that I need to download(which I am assuming is the problem) but Nvidia's support site sucks as does HP's. The product number is FE653UA#ABA if that helps. I will be forever greatful if you help me solve this. I have been dying to play the sims 3 and didn't realize my graphics card needed to be updated. I thought I was about to play the game and I lost my boner when the error popped up... hahaha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.