Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i recently got a Nvidia GeForce 6200 graphics card. the driver disc that i got with it had the ones dated 2005. and as i was having some issue playing a flight sim i downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia website, dated 2006. but ever since i am having issues playing videos in the VLC player. VLC opens up but when it starts playing the video it freezes up and needs to be closed via task manager

i rolled back the drivers for the Nvidia to the 2005 version and VLC works like a charm (like it always has been). are there any issues with VLC and the latest Nvidia drivers for the 6200 card? i have VLC version 0.8.6a

i dunno if this is the right forum for this but honestly don't have a clue if its a VLC issue or the card drivers

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
if the drivers were installed correctly there should be no driver to roll back to
before installing new ones you have uninstall the old ones or they conflict with one another
in the device manger uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes rebooting and reinstalling the card
disable a/virus
install your updated driver
reboot the computer

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that worked...uninstalled current drivers, booted into VGA mode and installed the new drivers...now i have the latest driver and VLC works too.....thanx a million dai

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
while we are discussing my video card i have one more question....does my Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP card support multiple monitors? i am a huge flight sim buff and wanted to have some camera angles projected onto other monitors. i know that my Microsoft FS2004 allows multiple displays but dunno if the card does.

if it does then how exactly do i set it up? if it doesn't then is there something that i need to buy, other than some more monitors, to add to my card/system? i see three ports on my card, one regular port that connects to my primary monitor, one DVI port and another that i have no clue about. see if this pic helps

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i already have Nview installed and it is currently showing my monitor as primary....my question was when i get some more monitor, lets says two more, where do i connect them? my card does not have any more VGA ports so do i need something like a video hub??

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
use a dvi to annolouge convertor plug and connect the second monitor to that
the svideo [round plug] and the annolouge plug are both on the the same circuit you can only use one or the other for more than 2 monitors you need a different video card as far as i know
i think they use the matrox card listed here
http://www.aberdeeninc.com/abcatg/video.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.