Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys I am new here so hi and I have a vista pc and I got this message below on my pc and could not boot it

NVidia Boot Agent 201.0462
CopyRight NVidia Corp 1998-2004 etc.
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting NVidia Boot Agent.
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

so I took it to pc world they fixed it cost me 500gb of data as they said it corrupted one of my hard drives the one with windows on all was fine for a month they blamed it on torrents

so anyway here I am a month down the line about to take my pc back because this has happened again this time had blue screen after the whole pc frooze up then it restarted and back to this error I used my recover disks to get the pc working but I still had my disk with vista on missing so after a chdisk scan I found the disk with all that was on it but I could not get access to it it seems to be corrupted

so thing is what is causing this to keep happening is it a vista problem I read that if I go in bios and change the boot order to this

1 cd drive
2 hard drive
3 floppy drive which my pc does not have by the way

it would fix it once I pay pc world another 50 to get my pc fixed will that stop this error as if it keeps happening its going to cost me tons of cash or a new pc I changed the boot order but want to know how to stop this happening and fix the bad hard drive

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
I'm thinking the hardrive is going south you should run diagnostics on it, you can download them for free at the hdd's manufactuers website

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well as I said its sort of gone lol I am going to take it back to pc world once I get some cash after xmas right now I am running on one hdd the seems the partition installed windows on that one from my recovery disk the one that is down has my windows files on it when I got my pc I did not get a windows disk it was on the pc

thing is pc world will just take the hdd out and put it in another pc unistall it fix it and plug it back in and as they did this once it happened again so I need a why to stop this form happening a 3rd time any ideas

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Well the thing is if the hdd is bad pc world won't fix it they will sell you a new one, if the disk is corrupt it can be fixed using software but I think its to far gone for that.

Why not purchase a hdd and install it yourself?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.