Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started getting this error a week ago it started crashing games to desktop and now restarts computer alot....manly in 3d games .I also have run memtest and microsoft mem test i found 1400 errors once and havent found anything?Ithrought it might have been a power supply problem so i unplugged all fans and lights ,1hdd < 2left in >(bye the way would a power supply go slowly or would it just stop???)
still restarts /bsod even after all drivers updated i get this error message but some times i get one relatinng <acording to microsoft hdd related???>

nv4_disp.dll
page_fault_in_non_paged_area
stop:0x00000050 ,oxe6ff4dc8,0x00000001,0xbfa5b0df
nv4_disp.dll address bfa5b0df base at bf9d3000 date stamp 42f00bcd

nv4_disp.dll is a nvida file isnt it ?

Im at a wits end and dont know what to do now,
some one please help ME!!
i have included the dump files if anyone understands them sorry about the spells* and thanks for your time :4-dontkno

Attachments

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
in the device manager uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes booting and reinstalling the card
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
done that

did the all that and got reboot/bsod on windows load..
Is it possible that its the power supply.I have just changed it to see if its is ,to a 300w but cost more than the one i had in <400w - £15>
im going to try this to see if it the power supply ..
but any other ideas??

cheers Anthony :4-dontkno

·
Registered
47 Posts
I spent over a week trying to address a problem with the now famous nv4_disp.dll error under WinXP SP2 and my Asus Nvidia GeForce 5200 video card and gave up and will be picking up a new video card soon (this time powered by ATI)

Worst thing is that this video card worked like a charm for 2 years under WinXP SP1. The card then went haywire on me, had it replaced under warranty and now this new card is always getting the nv4_disp.dll

I sure hope Nvidia or Asus or whoever fixes this since it's becoming more and more known to happen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update

ok i changed the psu ...now i didnt get the nv4_disp.dll infinet lopp error thing i got an error relating to my dvd drive ????
so i have updated the dvd drive .
I also kept loosing connection in online games
<as i did b4 but for got to mention >
So i update modem drivers
system seemed slugish but i have put this down to being under powered
o forgot to tell you system in first post :

P4e 3ghz prescot -- at 3ghz 800fsb
aopen dvd combi --aopen duw1608/arp
1gb generic ddr 400----200/200 dual channel
2hd ---40 and 80gb (ide)
craphics card 6800 128m -----Partcode: A400-TD128SI
was 400w generic power supply but 300w in
adsl usb modem -----speedtouch 330 2.2m line
motherboard is abit uguru ai7 and is the chipset is intel 865pe

anyting there look problematic?
and again sorry for spells*
:4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ poisonfish
In addition to dai's comments, have you been monitoring your system temps? I have personal experience with that board and I know it runs hot, particularly with a hot 3.0GHZ Prescott. If your temps run high, you might want to consider better case cooling/airflow and maybe a better CPU HSF...the Zalman 7000 works well with the AI7 as it blows air down onto the CPU and aids in cooling the hot parts around the CPU(like the 'PWM' in Abit Guru monitor).
It also sounds like you might have memory problems with the page fault errors and Memtest errors. They could be defective modules or just running too hot. try testing them one at a time and test them in different MB memory slots and see if you can isolate a bad module or 'preferred' memory slot. What kind of BIOS settings are you running?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on another note norton has just started acting funny <yet again stupid nis205>so i uninstalled and renstalled
..new problem, locked up in update now after about 5 restats it will not contine ie
carnt update ..error update allready running ,
firewall blocking everything,
wont unistall as it is "auto-updating" :dead:
i carnt stop the process nor can i uninstall any way to get rid ??
starting to p!ss me off,
by the way ,thanks for imput im going to buy a new power supply and address the cooling isues
Is norton worth the hassle ????I THNINK NOT!!going to invest in sothing els AV wise any sugestions ?

cheers anthony
p.s you think its prob not G-card then?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
might be culprit

ok i was thinking of when it all started (in bubble hmmmmm)
i got a saitek gammers key board that mornig plluged in ,installed driver .....

later that day . . . .
turned on problems started

I just renstalled drivers and key board soft from site and so far ..touch wood after 2hrs hard core gamming no probs ..
any one had probs with orig cd drivers <<<they gave an error saying win 95 drivers> (xp on box)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ordered he Zalman 7000 ..i now only get the od 1 or 2 crashes a week but they only drop to desktop ( battlefiled 2 and hl2 full detail) but only 1 or 2 ,no boot up probs, no bsod ..
got 1.5gb ddr400 kingston <<new (was no probs with the old ram sold it on ebay )
Think ill just leave it for now

so thanks for the imput guys

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
every things rosey then...BAM!!!!£"!&^$*&

OK things seemed go then baM!!!! computer reboots
(i screem )"ARRRRrrrrrrGGGhghgHGhG"...not giving the nv4_disp.dll error but
it was a ram problem <acording to microsoft crash >So i ran microsoft mem tester and memtest for 3hrs each and no errors at all is there any thing i could do i have re-done the virtual mem <some one said that it might help>
sorry for dragging this one out ,but it is truley doing my nut in!! :4-dontkno

sry 4 spells

cheers anthony
recent mini dump included

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tested ram

ok i have tested the ram (3x512) together and each on its own still no erorrs .Could this be a xp thing and if so should i try renstallin

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
p/s results

the results are in the attached is the original post and iv included the results from a program called Belarc that detail's system components in this post's attachmnet

cheers Anthony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.