Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , i have recently downloaded the new xp sp3 and used it for 2 months or more , a few days ago i have decided to uninstall the sp3 .
After i uninstalled it , i rebooted the computer and it worked fine .
I turned off the computer and when i turned it on after a while , the computer gave me an error message " ntldr is missing use ctrl+alt+del to restart " .

If you can help me , I would be most appreciated .

·
Registered
3 Posts
He there
What you need to do is get to the recovery console. To do this, boot using your Windows CD, when prompted, press "r" to get into the recovery console. once you're in type this:
COPY D:\I386\NTLDR C:\ (D is your CD drive, C is your Windows drive or partition)

COPY D:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\

Remove your CD and reboot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you , but i do not have an os cd , i have an operating system which was installed by a computer technician and is not licensed to me , i can't seem to find an xp sp2 retail version since microsoft finished selling xp os and now selling only vista retail .
I found an xp ggk , which would make my system licensed , will it solve my problem ? , or am i forced to find a retail version ? .

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should have received a license from the technician, maybe you should take him up on that, otherwise you will have to get an XP CD from a friend, andf activate it over the net, from where I'm sure you can purchase a legal copy, Microsoft should still be selling XP...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.