Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i'm just wondering to my HD why it was happen.... i set it a pri-slave and formatted. i have another HD w/c is running good as Pri-master but when i'm booting the "NTLDR missing" appearing on the screen and said to Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart just same thing when i do that.... any idea why? thank you for help.

Actually this HD have a problem coz i hear sound like metal inside not much loud but i guess it gonna be broken.... i put it here in my ofc PC just to do something or may be find to fix this prob but again theres a msg when i mount it as pri-slave. more answer gonna be appreciated.

tony

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
check here

if theres a metallic noise in that drive, i would get the info off of it pronto...the platters are are having head on collisions inside that drive and are not too long for this world.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
The NTLDR is one of the system files needed on the HD to start Win XP. Read more on the link in previous amswer.
Make sure the PC is booting on the right Disk. If it is, you might have to repair the XP installation.
As stated above, get the data of the noisy disk ASAP, and then replace it. it will die on you shortly for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.