Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed Vista on a partition of my Hard Drive to test it out.

I have been happily booting up with Vista and when needed XP for the last few days. Then I decided to use Vistas Disk Managment software to reduce the size of the XP partition and at the same time and made my Vista partition the active one. I think this is where I have caused my problem.

Anyway I rebooted to clear up my XP partition from 5 years of rubbish and I get the 'Ntldr missing press ctrl - alt - delete to restart' message.

I cant get past this. I dont have a windows CD anyway near me. I can get those next week, I was wondering if there was anyway I could make a boot disk to fix the problem using a DVD-RW

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right I have partially sorted the problem with an XP cd I managed to get hold of. I had to reinstall XP because I couldnt remember my admin passowrd to copy the ntldr files.

Now when I boot up, I dont get the dual boot options, it just goes straight into XP.

If I remove XP will Vista load, or will I get the same ntldr problem? I know there are issues with booting Vista because it doesnt use the same booting method as previous versions. Is there anything I need to do to make sure that when I remove XP, I will be able to access Vista?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.