Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i recently posted a thread about this earlier. well it turns out i fixed this major virus :) i will give easy step instructions on how to fix this. now bare with me im doing this all from memory.
1. right when you start you computer hit "ctrl-alt-del" and click on Processes and search for the file "MSBLAST.EXE", end its process (ive heard doing this makes it so you can stay on your computer for a little bit longer)
2. Download a patch from www.cyberpaperboy.com you will see it at the top.
3. run AVG virus scan (if you dont have AVG i recomend downloading it cause its what i used)
4. a virus name WORM\LOVSAN should come up, put this in the virus vault.
5. click on start on your taskbar, run "msconfig" while in msconfig go to startup and uncheck the box MSBLAST.

this is all i did and it worked, if you follow these step-by-step it should work for you. if you try this out, please reply if it worked for you or not.

and by the way im a 14 year old kid, and i removed a major virus. i feal proud
;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm impressed, your guidelines certainly helped but I had to
adapt slightly.

What I done was as soon as I went in I quickly went on the
net and downloaded the patch from the cyberpaperboy link
onto my desktop (probably the quickest way to access it),
then the virus kicked in and the shutdown started, I let this
happen and the computer re-booted, again I quickly went in
and run the patch, you should just get enough time before
the virus shuts you down again. Go in again and run msconfig, click into the services file and unchecked the MSBlast, I applied this then ok'd it. Then you have to re-boot your computer again.

Should be ok now.

Thanks

Kid

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Here is a good read on this worm. I suggest following links and downloads related in the article. :D

In mid-July, Microsoft supplied patches for a vulnerability in the DCOM Remote Procedure Call module that could allow a worm to download and run any program. Microsoft Windows NT4, 2000, XP, and Windows Server 2003 were affected. This Monday, machines without the patch became fair game for the fast-spreading Blaster worm. Blaster is set to launch a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack on windowsupdate.microsoft.com this Saturday, August 16th. You don't want to be a part of that, so be sure you have the patch installed.

To read more click here

have fun !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.